Sunday, August 28, 2011

Copy To Hadoop In Scale - Part 2

I was very much in unrest to copy huge number of files in to HDFS for a long time.
Frantcially "Googled", and asked questions on diffrent forum's. Some questions was foolish. How do I know that ?
Forum folks answered or sometimes even they did not. But I tried as I am really inspired by the quote
"STAY HUNGRY STAY FOOLISH". Finally found some way we can use the hadoop data node monsters to help me copy the files.
Hadoop is like a monster CPU - monster Hard Drive. Then Found DISTCP - a unique tool which is very useful for hadoop developers.
And came

https://github.com/Jagaran/HadoopCopier

This tool uses Cloudera Hadoop CDH3 as in libraries.

There are many interesting findings in "My Lab" to follow on in the endeavor of being "HUNGRY and FOOLISH"
Sometimes you have people,utilities and things near to you who can do the job for you and you search distant places.
In my native West Bengal, India there is a very famous quote "Rural sage doesn't get the credit".
I found utilites in my laptop present for last 6 months to do my job which I searched across the web.
For you it can be different - think once - Are you missing something ??

Stay tuned

JD

No comments: